Full controller support! From launch to exit, no need for keyboard. I plan to either have preset controls or rebindable keys in the future.
Grasslands world also has 13 new levels to complete. It will also save your progress. Good luck!
Simply running to the exit is not the only objective! In some levels, there is now switch objects that must be shot at to open level end portals.
- There is now different sword swipe animations for a weak and strong hit
- Reduced size of shield hitbox
- Player can no longer fast dash by holding down the dash button
- Checkpoints will now save the players x position and spawn them there, instead of on the checkpoints x position
- 5 Second time penalty on death has been removed. Instead, time is cumulative
- Jump speed, fall speed, and maximum fall speed have been reduced to create better aerial control.
- Shield poke reduced to 2 (3 hits to die) down from 5 (6 hits to die)
- World and Level select screens added
- You can now exit to level select from pause menu
- Game will save/load current grasslands progress
- Crawl enemy now fires a equal bullet spread
- Basic enemy will fire at the player from 320 px away up from 288
- Basic enemy will now detect and fire at players at heights above and below it’s current horizontal axis.
- Heavy enemy will detect and fire at player from longer range
- Crash bugs removed from Grass Boss dealing with with missing player object
- Parallax backgrounds now fade in/out with level
More code optimizations!